American English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice provides an accessible introduction to basic articulatory phonetics for students of American English. Built around an extensive collection of practice materials, this book teaches the pronunciation of modern standard American English to intermediate and advanced learners worldwide.
* provides an up-to-date description of the pronunciation of modern American English;
* demonstrates the use of each English phoneme with a selection of high-frequency words,
both alone and in context in sentences, idiomatic phrases and dialogues;
* provides examples and practice material on commonly confused sounds, including illustrative pronunciation diagrams;
* is supported by a companion website featuring complete audio recordings of practice material to check your pronunciation against;
* can be used not only for studying pronunciation in the classroom but also for independent practice.
American English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice is essential reading for any student studying this topic.
Buy American English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice by Paul Carley from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.