* Intense focus on the emergence of a new, post-Civil Rights Movement black identity
* Offers an alternative history and musicology of the Black Power Movement
* Defines Black Power Music - a musical and political reality
* Explores the intense interconnections between black popular culture and black political culture
* Essential reading for all students engaged in black popular music studies, African American studies, popular culture studies, ethnic studies as well as sociology, ethnomusicology and political science.
Buy Black Power Music!: Protest Songs, Message Music, and the Black Power Movement by Reiland Rabaka from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.