Description - Canadian Family Practice Guidelines by Jill C. Cash
Translates an American "bible" of family practice for use by Canadian health care student and providers.
Written specifically for the needs of family and adult nursing students, medical students, and primary care practitioners in Canada, this "bible" of family practice in America-named a 2013 Doody's core title-now provides current Canadian practice protocols for professional standards of care across the lifespan. Guidelines are delivered in user-friendly, step-by-step instructional style for physical exams and diagnostic testing results in SI units; health maintenance recommendations approved by Health Canada; care guidelines including Canadian drug names and dietary information; information on culturally responsive care; and patient resources specific to Canada.
Practice guidelines are organized primarily by body system, consistently delivered in outline format for quick and easy access. Each of more than 280 disorder protocols includes definition, incidence, pathogenesis, predisposing factors, common complaints, other signs and symptoms, subjective data, PE, diagnostic texts, differential diagnoses, plan, follow-up, consultation/referral, and individual considerations. Of particular value are "Practice Pointers" highlighting vital information for each disorder and specialty care points for lifespan populations. Also included are 18 Basic Procedure Guidelines for use in the clinical setting and 138 Patient Teaching Sheets in print and PDF version. Additionally, Patient Teaching Guides are available for customization and downloading. Abundant references are specific to the Canadian health care system.
- Translates an American "bible" of family practice for the specific needs of Canadian students and practitioners
- Presents over 280 disorders guidelines in consistent outline format
- Provides Canadian routine health maintenance guidelines, vaccinations, and screening for HIV and HepC
- Highlights critical care points with "Practice Pointers"
- Covers individual care considerations for pediatric, pregnant, and geriatric patients
- Offers 138 Patient Teaching Sheets in digital format for patient take home
- Delivers 18 procedure guidelines including those for special diets, normal lab values in SI units, and teeth
- Purchase includes access to the ebook for use on most mobile devices or computers
Buy Canadian Family Practice Guidelines by Jill C. Cash from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.