Description - Caring Science, Mindful Practice by Kathleen Sitzman
This seminal work, based on the philosophy of Watson's Human Caring Theory, is designed to help students and practitioners of nursing to simplify Watson's complex teachings and integrate them into everyday practice. The revised second edition includes an abundance of new micro practice examples for each Caritas process; practical exemplars from Dr. Sitzman's research, enabling readers to cultivate Caritas and mindfulness on a daily basis; and new case studies demonstrating how others have implemented Human Caring Science into everyday life and work.
Drawing on the contemplative and mindfulness teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, the text offers an engaging entry into Human Caring Theory for newcomers and deepens understanding for current practitioners. Clear and simple content supports foundational learning and promotes direct experience related to Watson's work. The book features guided mindfulness activities and artistic practices for each of the ten Caritas Processes, plus case studies and guided procedures to facilitate learning and internalizing the method. The text also serves as the foundational text for the WCSI online course that provides step-by-step instructions on how to integrate and ground the philosophy and abstracts of Human Caring Theory into practice. Additional teaching supports include Power Point slides.
New to the Second Edition:
- New and updated content throughout
- Presents new examples from author's research for cultivating daily Caritas and mindfulness practices
- Each Caritas process chapter includes micro-practice examples from scholarly work demonstrating use of Watson's Theory
- Abundant case studies demonstrating how others have implemented Caring Science and Mindfulness in everyday life and work
- Engages newcomers in learning Human Caring Theory and deepens understanding for current practitioners
- Facilitates integration of the philosophy and abstracts of Human Caring Theory into clinical practice
- Provides abundant case studies and guided activities to reinforce content
- Includes guided mindfulness and artistic practices for each of the Ten Caritas processes
- Designed for a diverse audience including undergraduate, graduate, and international nursing and health science students
- Serves as the foundational text for the companion WCSI online course (including videos)
Buy Caring Science, Mindful Practice by Kathleen Sitzman from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
Other Editions - Caring Science, Mindful Practice by Kathleen Sitzman
A Preview for this title is currently not available.