Description - A Companion to Chinese Art by Martin J. Powers
Exploring the history of art in China from its earliest incarnations to the present day, this comprehensive volume includes two dozen newly-commissioned essays spanning the theories, genres, and media central to Chinese art and theory throughout its history.
- Provides an exceptional collection of essays promoting a comparative understanding of China's long record of cultural production
- Brings together an international team of scholars from East and West, whose contributions range from an overview of pre-modern theory, to those exploring calligraphy, fine painting, sculpture, accessories, and more
- Articulates the direction in which the field of Chinese art history is moving, as well as providing a roadmap for historians interested in comparative study or theory
- Proposes new and revisionist interpretations of the literati tradition, which has long been an important staple of Chinese art history
- Offers a rich insight into China's social and political institutions, religious and cultural practices, and intellectual traditions, alongside Chinese art history, theory, and criticism
Buy A Companion to Chinese Art by Martin J. Powers from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
Other Editions - A Companion to Chinese Art by Martin J. Powers
A Preview for this title is currently not available.