Description - Comparative Religious Ethics by Darrell J. Fasching
This popular textbook has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect recent global developments, whilst retaining its unique and compelling narrative-style approach. Using ancient stories from diverse religions, it explores a broad range of important and complex moral issues, resulting in a truly reader-friendly and comparative introduction to religious ethics.
- A thoroughly revised and expanded new edition of this popular textbook, yet retains the unique narrative-style approach which has proved so successful with students
- Considers the ways in which ancient stories from diverse religions, such as the Bhagavad Gita and the lives of Jesus and Buddha, have provided ethical orientation in the modern world
- Updated to reflect recent discussions on globalization and its influence on cross-cultural and comparative ethics, economic dimensions to ethics, Gandhian traditions, and global ethics in an age of terrorism
- Expands coverage of Asian religions, quest narratives, the religious and philosophical approach to ethics in the West, and considers Chinese influences on Thich Nhat Hanh's Zen Buddhism, and Augustine's Confessions
- Accompanied by an instructor's manual (coming soon, see www.wiley.com/go/fasching) which shows how to use the book in conjunction with contemporary films
Buy Comparative Religious Ethics by Darrell J. Fasching from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
Other Editions - Comparative Religious Ethics by Darrell J. Fasching
A Preview for this title is currently not available.