Description - Developing Online Courses in Nursing Education by Carol O'Neil
Addresses importance of new technology and changing structures of online learning.
This authoritative text shows nurse educators and students how to teach in the online environment, using best practices and the latest technology. The fourth edition discusses the importance of lifelong learning and the relationship to flexible online learning environments, which are changing the dynamics of education. This valuable resource provides updated strategies for organizing and disseminating course content and examines such topics as MOOCS (Massive Open Online Courses), certificates, badges, and stackable degrees.
The fourth edition also provides the latest evidence-based research examining student-teacher interactions, course management, web-based resources, and best practices. Chapters include real world examples and applications of these concepts.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Delivers four new chapters on the changing role of the nurse educator, changing faculty roles, designing flexible learning environments and using technology to meet the needs of varied students
- Addresses the interaction between nurse educators and instructional designers
- Provides enhanced understanding of design, design strategies, and technology
- Includes updated best practices for pedagogy, interaction, reconceptualizing course content, student assessment, course evaluation, and more
- Underscores the importance of lifelong learning and flexible, creative learning environments
- Demonstrates foundational concepts for using technology to teach online
- Delineates pathways for using online modalities to engineer learning
- Delivers theories and frameworks guiding the development and use of a flexible environment
- Identifies guiding structures for maximizing learning in online environments
- Defines the distinct role of the online educator
- Promotes best use of technology according to the needs of the learner
- Includes abundant examples and reflexive questions
Buy Developing Online Courses in Nursing Education by Carol O'Neil from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.