Description - English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice by Paul Carley
English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice provides a unique introduction to basic articulatory phonetics for students of English. Built around an extensive collection of practice materials, this book teaches the pronunciation of modern standard non-regional British English to intermediate and advanced learners worldwide.
- provides an up-to-date description of the pronunciation of modern British English;
- demonstrates the use of each English phoneme with a selection of high-frequency words, both alone and in context in sentences, idiomatic phrases and dialogues;
- provides examples and practice material on commonly confused sounds, including illustrative pronunciation diagrams;
- is supported by a companion website featuring phonetic transcriptions and over 30 hours of practice audio material to check your pronunciation against;
- can be used not only for studying pronunciation in the classroom but also for independent student practice.
English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice is essential reading for any student studying this topic.
Buy English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice by Paul Carley from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
Other Editions - English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice by Paul Carley
A Preview for this title is currently not available.