Description - Family-Centered Early Intervention by Sharon A. Raver
A must for future early interventionists, this introductory text prepares professionals to support infants and toddlers with special needs and their families - and address the OSEP child outcomes so critical to a program's success. Focusing on the specific needs and challenges of children from birth to three, the book gathers more than a dozen expert contributors with proven expertise in helping children who have or are at risk for developmental delays. Early interventionists will learn recommended practices for family-centered, evidence-based intervention and team collaboration, knowledge they'll use for the rest of their careers to ensure the best possible outcomes for infants and young children. (Also great for inservice professional development!)
LEARN THE FOUNDATIONS OF:
- addressing the three OSEP Child Outcome Indicators: positive social-emotional skills, acquisition and use of knowledge and skills, and using appropriate behaviors to meet needs
- developing and implementing IFSPs
- weaving intervention services into a family's established routines
- empowering parents to successfully guide and support their child's development
- conducting interventions that support motor, cognitive, social-emotional, communication, and adaptive skills
- making the most of natural learning opportunities in natural environments
- working in effective teams with professionals from diverse disciplines
- meeting the specific needs of children with all disabilities and/or risk areas, including autism, sensory disabilities, and cognitive and/or motor disabilities
STUDENT-FRIENDLY FEATURES: "Best Practice Highlights" with specific intervention suggestions, helpful discussion questions, case studies in each chapter that illustrate the recommended strategies.
Buy Family-Centered Early Intervention by Sharon A. Raver from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.