Description - A Handbook of Children and Young People's Participation by Barry Percy-Smith
This new edition of A Handbook of Children and Young People's Participation: Conversations for Transformational Change, reflects the current reality of children and young people's participation. Containing all new content, it explores the changes that have been achieved in theory and practice in the last decade as well as the challenges and indeed, the failures that have been observed in the capacity of dominant participation approaches with children in achieving genuine societal transformation.
Including theoretical contributions as well as reports on innovative practice from contributors, chapters cover the following:
* relational and intergenerational framings;
* children as 'active citizens';
* children's protagonism and activism;
* participation in a digital world;
* participation on the move;
* children's participation during and following the COVID pandemic;
* participation in different socio-cultural/political contexts;
* participation as learning for change (for adults and children);
* impact and transformation;
* ethics and participation.
Foregrounding aspects of participation as experienced by diverse groups of children and young people, it especially illuminates the experiences and perspectives of participation relating to groups of children whose participation is especially challenging, such as refugees and unaccompanied minors, disabled children, children within institutions and children of indigenous groups in a wide range of contexts.
It will be suitable for use on a wide range of courses including childhood studies, sociology, law and children's rights and social work.
Buy A Handbook of Children and Young People's Participation by Barry Percy-Smith from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
Other Editions - A Handbook of Children and Young People's Participation by Barry Percy-Smith
A Preview for this title is currently not available.