Description - Harvest of Fish and Wildlife: New Paradigms for Sustainable Management by Kevin L. Pope
Harvest of Fish and Wildlife: New Paradigms for Sustainable Management unites experts in wildlife and fishery sciences for an interdisciplinary overview of harvest management. This book presents unique insights for embracing the complete social-ecological system to ensure a sustainable future. It educates users on evolutionary and population dynamics; social and political influences; hunter and angler behavior; decision processes; impacts of regulations; and stakeholder involvement.
- Written by twenty-four teams of leading scientists and managers.
- Promotes transparent justification for fishing and hunting regulations.
- Provides examples for integrating decision making into management.
- Emphasizes creativity in management by integrating art and science.
This book appeals to population biologists, evolutionary biologists and social scientists. It is a key resource for on-the-ground managers and research scientists developing harvesting applications.
As the book's contributors explain:
- "Making decisions that are robust to uncertainty...is a paradigm shift with a lot of potential to improve outcomes for fish and wildlife populations." -Andrew Tyre and Brigitte Tenhumberg
- "Temporal shifts in system states...must somehow be anticipated and dealt with to derive harvest policies that remain optimal in the long term." -Michael Conroy
- "Proactive, effective management of sportspersons...will be essential in the new paradigm of harvest management." -Matthew Gruntorad and Christopher Chizinski
Buy Harvest of Fish and Wildlife: New Paradigms for Sustainable Management by Kevin L. Pope from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.