Description - Improving Financial and Operations Performance: A Healthcare Leader's Guide by Richard J. Priore
The increasing pressure on the bottom line of healthcare provider organizations requires leaders who understand and can adeptly apply the basic principles of effective financial and operations management. To be successful in today's environment leaders must simultaneously improve quality and service while reducing expense. Improving Financial and Operations Performance: A Healthcare Leader's Guide is a collection of proven effective tips, tools, and techniques accumulated from real-world challenges and lessons learned logically organized to provide a straightforward approach to planning, assessing, managing, and monitoring a business enterprise to improve profitability.
This book provides a clear, step-by-step "how to" approach for both new and experienced leaders seeking a leg up in tackling the myriad of common and complex challenges they are facing including conducting a budget variance analysis, managing labor and non-labor productivity and expense, performing a comprehensive financial condition analysis, growing profitable volume and market share, developing an effective business case for improving quality, and evaluating the financial impact of a future project. Written for clinical and administrative leaders working in the trenches, it provides practical and applicable tools with relevant, real-world, and replicable case study examples. The essential value of Improving Financial and Operations Performance: A Healthcare Leader's Guide is improving decision-making effectiveness, enhancing operations efficiency know-how, and developing strong financial management acumen to overcome the challenges in today's healthcare environment.
- Key Features:
- Author experience with extensive expertise as a former investor-owned hospital CEO, integrated health system vice president, managing director for the renowned turnaround experts, the Hunter Group, and graduate business school professor in management, finance, and economics.
- Realistic case examples to apply the key lessons through detailed practical and relevant case studies using clear step-by-step instructions.
- Calls-to-action at the end of each chapter with critical leadership imperatives to help prioritize and focus efforts on what matters most.
- Comprehensive glossary of key terms and concepts using plain easy to understand language.
- Appendices and Excel templates containing easy-to-use plug-and-play financial worksheets, checklists, best practice pathways, and performance assessments.
- eBook access purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers.
Buy Improving Financial and Operations Performance: A Healthcare Leader's Guide by Richard J. Priore from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.