Description - Indian Indies: A Guide to New Independent Indian Cinema by Ashvin Immanuel Devasundaram
- A must-have quick guide to the future torchbearers of Indian cinema for scholars, students, early career researchers, and a global audience interested in intersecting aspects of cinema, culture, politics, and society in contemporary India
- This book offers a concise and cutting-edge repository of essential information on new independent Indian films, which have orchestrated a recent renaissance in the Bollywood-dominated Indian cinema sphere
- The book spotlights a specific timeline from the Indies' consolidated emergence in 2010 across a decade of their development
- Takes note of recent transformations in the Indian political, economic, cultural, and social matrix and the concurrent release of unflinchingly interrogative and radically evocative films that traverse LGBTQ issues, female empowerment, caste discrimination, populist politics and religious violence
- A combination of essential Indie-specific information and concise case-studies
Buy Indian Indies: A Guide to New Independent Indian Cinema by Ashvin Immanuel Devasundaram from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.