Description - Innovative Strategies in Teaching Nursing: Exemplars of Optimal Learning Outcomes by Emerson E. Ea
This innovative text delivers more than 40 evidence-based teaching strategies that educators can use to engage nursing students and enhance their learning in a variety of teaching environments. It provides a wealth of new teaching designs both novice and experienced faculty can use to inspire and motivate learners in the classroom, through simulation, online, and in community or hospital settings. Strategies developed by leading clinical nursing and health educators characterize nursing education as a dynamic and highly specialized field that stems from meaningful interactions between learners and educators.
For ease of comparison, each practical teaching strategy is organized in a consistent format including student-centered competencies and nursing education accreditation standards. The text also provides a template and a step-by-step guide on how to customize the strategies to fit the needs of learners and educators. The designs include an emphasis on applications of technologically-enhanced innovations in nursing education, interdisciplinary collaboration, and the use of the humanities and art. This text answers the ongoing call for inter-professional education necessary to prepare the next generation of expert nurses in the rapidly changing environment of healthcare.Key Features:
- Evidence-based research used in the development of each teaching strategy
- Groundbreaking practices in a variety of environments will challenge the discipline and spark additional innovations throughout Nursing
- Chapters consistently provide optimal learning outcomes and teaching objectives, preparation resources, modules of implementation, methods to evaluate the effectiveness of each strategy, outlined limitations, and accreditation standards
- Downloadable sample materials provide case scenarios, templates, and other examples for each strategy
- Instructor's Manual included!
Buy Innovative Strategies in Teaching Nursing: Exemplars of Optimal Learning Outcomes by Emerson E. Ea from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.