Description - It's Only the Wind by Mindy Dwyer
- Author has a strong fan base in the Pacific Northwest and across the US because of school visits and work as artist in residency.
- Back matter entitled "Wind Wisdom" can be used as teaching resource along with a section on art and writing projects.
- Of interest to early readers up to age 7, families, teachers, libraries, tourists in Western US, as well as gift buyers who enjoy Mindy's whimsical art.
- Mindy Dwyer is a popular award-winning author and illustrator of over a dozen children's books such as Coyote in Love and Aurora. Her books have sold over 200,000 copies to date.
- Author's awards include Children's Book Council, Valerie and Walter's Best Book for Children, Pennsylvania School Library Association Young Readers Choice Award, Certificate of Excellence; Bookbuilders West, and Alaska State Literacy Council Forget-Me-Not Grant Recipient 2014.
- This book will help to calm young children who are afraid of the wind. (According to Dr. Timothy Culbert, at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, weather anxiety is nearly universal in young children. "Studies show fear of personal harm associated with severe weather is quite common in kids, especially grades two through twelve, and it makes the top-twenty list of things kids worry about." He suggests reading books about severe weather as one of four solutions.)
- Lexile measure AD470L.
Buy It's Only the Wind by Mindy Dwyer from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.