Description - Mary Wigman by Mary Anne Santos Newhall
This book considers dancer, teacher, and choreographer Mary Wigman, a leading innovator in Expressionist dance whose radical explorations of movement and dance theory are credited with expanding the scope of dance as a theatrical art. Now reissued, this book combines:
- a full account of Wigman's life and work
- an analysis of her key ideas
- detailed discussion of her aesthetic theories, including the use of space as an "invisible partner" and the transcendent nature of performance
- a commentary on her key works, including Hexentanz and The Seven Dances of Life
- an extensive collection of practical exercises designed to provide an understanding of Wigman's choreographic principles and her uniquely immersive approach to dance.
As a first step towards critical understanding, and as an initial exploration before going on to further, primary research, Routledge Performance Practitioners are unbeatable value for today's student.
Buy Mary Wigman by Mary Anne Santos Newhall from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
Other Editions - Mary Wigman by Mary Anne Santos Newhall
A Preview for this title is currently not available.