Description - Person-centered Planning Using Picture by Steve Holburn
Improve peoples quality of life through Planning for Inclusive Communities Together Using Reinforcement and Evaluation For person-centered planning to succeed, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities need to live, work, and learn in their own communities. Professionals can make that happen with this book, a complete step-by-step guide to the easiest, most practical person-centered planning method available. Bringing professional services and interventions out of institutions and into natural environments, the research-supported PICTURE method
To make the PICTURE method easy to implement, this manual includes all the practical tools professionals need: a helpful troubleshooting guide and evaluation exercises, as well as worksheets on assessing quality of life, ensuring good teamwork, and overcoming barriers to person-centered planning. A must for every member of the person-centered planning team, this guidebook is key to helping people with disabilities picture-and achieve-lives that are more fulfilling, independent, and consistent with their goals and dreams.
- Promotes individual choice. Professionals will get to know people's specific goals and interests, support them in developing pictures of their desired future, and design a solid plan that'll help them get there.
- Gets people out in the real world. PICTURE helps professionals support people's goals in community settings, where they can form meaningful friendships and develop knowledge and skills that lead to more autonomy and life enjoyment.
- Makes evaluation part of intervention. Continuous evaluation during the PICTURE process using the objective, easy-to-use measurements included in the book keeps professionals consistently informed about what is and isn't working.
- Is ready to use. With PICTURE, there's no need to undergo additional training or purchase extra materials everything's already included in this single volume.
- Welcomes the involvement of others. PICTURE helps professionals embrace the support of the person's family and friends and encourage community members to participate in inclusion.
Buy Person-centered Planning Using Picture by Steve Holburn from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.