Description - Playing with Reality: Denying, Manipulating, Converting, and Enhancing What Is There by Sidney Homan
- This is a timely and relevant volume, considering the many manipulations and enhancements upon our ideas of reality in the 21st century
- The book explores how and why we deny, manipulate, convert, or enhance reality
- The book argues that examining the many ways in which we manipulate, deny, convert or enhance our realities can give us an idea of how to deal with reality, which in turn can provide us with a blueprint for how to live responsibly
- The book brings together an international team of contributors to discuss contemporary issues such as fake news, propaganda, virtual reality, theatre as real life and reality TV
- This book draws on examples from vast fields such as film studies, sociology, the social sciences and medicine
- This volume will appeal to scholars and upper-level students in the areas of communication and media studies, comparative literature, film studies, economics, English, international affairs, journalism, philosophy, psychology, sociology, and theatre
Buy Playing with Reality: Denying, Manipulating, Converting, and Enhancing What Is There by Sidney Homan from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.