Description - Population-Based Nursing: Concepts and Competencies for Advanced Practice by Ann L. Cupp Curley
In its third edition, this comprehensive and integrated resource continues to be the only advanced practice nursing text to focus on core competencies in both epidemiology and population health. Clearly written and user-friendly, it describes the role of the APRN in identifying and mitigating health care disparities at the local, national, and global levels and provides guidance on how to conduct community assessments. Updated throughout, the third edition also includes two completely new chapters and new case studies that exemplify successful strategies nurses have used to improve population outcomes. The text also examines value-based care and the use of technology, data, and information systems in population health. Learning objectives, bulleted chapter summaries, and subject headings have been added to promote ease of use and retention of information.
Embodying the Essentials of Doctoral Nursing Programs as outlined by the AACN, the text provides a strong foundation in epidemiologic methodology including mortality measures, testing validity and reliability, study designs, risk and casualty assessment, and data analysis and interpretation. The text also offers exercises, discussion questions, links to helpful websites, and a robust Instructor Manual.
New to the Second Edition:
- Updates to all chapters with new case studies and multiple-choice questions
- New chapter: "The Role of Population Health in Magnet Accreditation"
- New chapter: "Building Relationships and Engaging Communities through Collaboration"
- Expanded coverage of value-based care and technology, data, and information systems
- Includes learning objectives, bulleted chapter summaries, and subject headings
- Addresses the Essentials of Doctoral Nursing Programs as outlined by the AACN
- Focuses on both epidemiology and population health
- Describes the role of the APRN in identifying and mitigating health care disparities at local, national, and global levels
- Explains the significance of population health in the attainment of Magnet status
- Uses case studies to highlight real-world application of concepts and strategies
- Discusses how technological innovation and social networking impact the development of interventions and population outcomes
- Purchase includes access to the ebook for use on most mobile devices or computers
Buy Population-Based Nursing: Concepts and Competencies for Advanced Practice by Ann L. Cupp Curley from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
Other Editions - Population-Based Nursing: Concepts and Competencies for Advanced Practice by Ann L. Cupp Curley
A Preview for this title is currently not available.