Pronunciation plays a crucial role in learning English as an international language, yet often remains marginalised by educators due to a lack of required phonetic and phonological knowledge. Pronunciation for English as an International Language bridges the gap between phonetics, phonology and pronunciation and provides the reader with a research based guide on how best to teach the English language. The book follows an easy to follow format which ensures the reader will have a comprehensive grasp of each given topic by the end of the chapter. Key ideas explored include:
* Articulation of English speech sounds and basic transcription
* Connected speech processes
* Current issues in English language pronunciation teaching
* Multimedia in English language pronunciation practice
* Using speech analysis to investigate pronunciation features
Using the latest research, Pronunciation for English as an International Language will facilitate effective teaching and learning for any individual involved in teaching English as a second, foreign or international language.
Buy Pronunciation for English as an International Language by Ee-Ling Low from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.