* Provides a practical resource for both seasoned therapists and students which demonstrates how therapeutic practice can be informed, improved, and deepened by queer theory.
* Explores conversational practices from narrative therapy that will help therapists to address issues of gender, sex, sexuality, relationships, and identity.
* Each chapter includes a case vignette, bringing to life the application of queer theory through the practice of narrative therapy and serving as a teaching tool for the specific concepts and practices highlighted.
* The book includes questions for reflection and discussion to deconstruct and make meaning of the chapter's material, as well as 'Q-tips', summarizing key points and practices.
* Transcripts from therapy or supervision sessions are also integrated into the chapters.
Buy Queering Your Therapy Practice: Queer Theory, Narrative Therapy, and Imagining New Identities by Julie Tilsen from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.