Description - Speed Reading for Dummies by Richard Sutz
- Increase your reading speed and comprehension
- Use speed techniques for any type of reading material
- Improve your silent reading skills
- Recall more of what you read
The fun and easy way (R) to become a more efficient, effective reader!
Want to read faster and recall more of what you read? This practical, hands-on guide gives you the techniques you need to increase your reading speed and retention, whether you're reading books, e-mails, magazines, or even technical journals! You'll find reading aids and plenty of exercises to help you read faster and better comprehend the text.
- Yes, you can speed read discover the skills you need to read quickly and effectively, break your bad reading habits, and take in more text at a glance
- Focus on the fundamentals widen your vision span and see how to increase your comprehension, retention, and recall
- Advance your speed-reading skills read blocks of text, heighten your concentration, and follow an author's thought patterns
- Zero in on key points skim, scan, and preread to quickly locate the information you want
- Expand your vocabulary recognize the most common words and phrases to help you move through the text more quickly
Open the book and find:
- Tried-and-true techniques from The Reader's Edge (R) program
- How to assess your current reading level
- Tools and exercises to improve your reading skills
- Speed-reading fundamentals you must know
- Helpful lists of prefixes, suffixes, roots, and prime words
- A speed-reading progress worksheet
- Exercises for eye health and expanded reading vision
- Tips for making your speed-reading skills permanent
Buy Speed Reading for Dummies by Richard Sutz from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.