Description - The Growth and Development of Nurse Leaders by Angela Barron McBride
Benefit from the inspiring mentorship of an AAN-awarded Living Legend!
The Growth and Development of Nurse Leaders received the 2011 PROSE Award for the category "Nursing and Allied Health" from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars.
Written by an acclaimed nurse leader, scholar, and author, this prizewinning book delivers an inspiring first-person narrative to help nurses at all career levels to embrace and hone their leadership potential. The second edition expands on the original with updated material and five completely new chapters that focus on the dynamics of today's health care environment. It addresses the complexity of our evolving health care system, and aligns with new initiatives being championed by key nursing organizations.
Brimming with insight and personal anecdotes--while grounded in scholarly literature--this comprehensive and practical book addresses the major contemporary arenas of leadership: Leadership as personal, leadership as achieving organizational goals, and leadership as transformational. It discusses the personal qualities required of a good leader, the value of attaining self-knowledge, sustaining career optimism in the face of failure, orchestrating a career, achieving organizational goals, effective communication, the importance of strategic vision, and more.
New to the Second Edition:
- Updated to encompass nearly a decade of changes in health care since the first edition was published
- Sensitive to the Interface between Nursing Service and Nursing Education
- New: The Shadow Side: Neediness and Failure
- New: Building a Mentoring Network
- New: Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
- New: Aiming for Impact
- New: Letting Go
- Helps nurses at all career levels to embrace and develop leadership potential
- Draws on the leadership expertise of an internationally recognized nurse scholar, pragmatist, and AAN-awarded Living Legend
- Addresses the major arenas of contemporary nursing leadership: personal, achieving organizational goals, and transformational
- Brims with insight and personal anecdotes
Buy The Growth and Development of Nurse Leaders by Angela Barron McBride from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
Other Editions - The Growth and Development of Nurse Leaders by Angela Barron McBride
A Preview for this title is currently not available.