Description - The Joy of Art: How to Look At, Appreciate, and Talk about Art by Carolyn Schlam
An entertaining and informative read, The Joy of Art offers the reader:
- A working art vocabulary to help you identify and explain what you're looking at
- Answers to many of the questions you may have about visual art in general
- A summary of the basic criteria to consider when looking at art
- Highlights of the primary art genres and an introduction to the artists who pursued them
- Many visual examples of aesthetic considerations and practices
- Interesting facts about your favourite artists and clues to why they made the choices they did
- A few games to test your new skills
The Joy of Art contains 150 colour photographs and many interesting insights from an artist-author who takes readers behind the curtain and into the studio to uncover what actually goes into making a work of art. If you love art, this book will take your appreciation to a new level. Not only will your enjoyment of art increase, you'll be able to clearly communicate your understanding to others.
Buy The Joy of Art: How to Look At, Appreciate, and Talk about Art by Carolyn Schlam from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, BooksDirect.
A Preview for this title is currently not available.